Diabetes NSW & ACT is pleased to announce the roll out of our Teacher Training Seminars for staff in schools and early childhood settings.
Teacher and schools staff require current health information to assist and ensure that the student living with diabetes at school participates to their fullest potential. Some students may require additional support from school staff to manage their diabetes.
The one-day seminar offers teachers and support staff the opportunity to expand their knowledge and become more confident in supporting and facilitating the day to day school experience of children with type 1 diabetes in their care.
Sessions will include information about diabetes management in school age children, and practical workshops covering a variety of specialised topics in more detail including monitoring, pumps, camps, and excursions.
Upcoming dates and locations:
- Monday 24th July 2017 – Cronulla RSL (38 Gerrale Street, Cronulla 2230)
- Monday 21st August 2017 – Penrith RSL (8 Tindale Street, Penrith 2750)
- Wednesday 13th September 2017 – Armidale Bowling Club (92-96 Dumaresq Street, Armidale 2350)
- Tuesday 26th September 2017 – Dubbo RSL (178 Brisbane Street, Dubbo 2830)
- Wednesday 25th October 2017 – Mercure Canberra (Limestone Avenue, braddon ACT 2618)
- Wednesday 1st November 2017 – Parramatta Region
- Tuesday 21st November 2017 – Orange Region
- Tuesday 5th December 2017 – Newcastle Region
Cost per attendee: $120 (Inc. GST)
Refreshments: Morning tea and lunch will be provided
For further information and to reserve your spot please do not hesitate to contact Diabetes NSW & ACT on 1300 342 238 or email@example.com
Please note spaces are limited.
This program has been developed in consultations with Diabetes Victoria and the NSW Department of Education.
The valuable contributions by teachers, parents, diabetes educators, paediatricians and other health professionals are also acknowledged.