Diabetes NSW & ACT is pleased to announce with support of the NDSS the roll out of the Teacher Training Seminars for staff in schools and early childhood settings.
Teacher and schools staff require current health information to assist and ensure that the student living with diabetes at school participates to their fullest potential. Some students may require additional support from school staff to manage their diabetes.
The one-day seminar offers teachers and support staff the opportunity to expand their knowledge and become more confident in supporting and facilitating the day to day school experience of children with type 1 diabetes in their care.
Sessions will include information about diabetes management in school age children, and practical workshops covering a variety of specialised topics in more detail including monitoring, pumps, camps, and excursions.
- Tuesday 21st of November – Orange Ex Services Club, Orange NSW
- Tuesday 5th of December – Gosford RSL, West Gosford NSW
2018 DATES: (all venues to be confirmed)
- Tuesday 6th of February – Tamworth
- Monday 19th of February – Campbelltown
- Tuesday 20th of February – Eastern Suburbs/Inner west
- Wednesday 28th of February – Liverpool
- Tuesday 6th of March – Canberra
- Tuesday 20th of March – Hills Area
- Wednesday 28th of March – Taree
- Friday 6th of April – Maitland
- Tuesday 15th of May – Goulburn
- Monday 21st of May – Shell Harbour
- Tuesday 5th of June – Tweed Heads
Cost per attendee: $50 (Inc. GST)
Refreshments: Morning tea and lunch will be provided
For further information and to reserve your spot please do not hesitate to contact Diabetes NSW & ACT on 1300 342 238 or email@example.com
Please note spaces are limited.
This program has been developed in consultations with Diabetes Victoria and the NSW Department of Education.
The valuable contributions by teachers, parents, diabetes educators, paediatricians and other health professionals are also acknowledged.