A healthy easy-to-make snack perfect for your school lunchbox!
0 minutes / overnight in freezer
- 5 cups (425g) de-seeded dried dates
- 1-2 tablespoons (20-40ml) boiling water
- 5 cups (135g) rolled oats
- 1 cup of seeds of your choice (e.g. pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds)
- Additional seeds for topping (optional)
Leave in the fridge or freezer for an extra chewy bar.
- Place dates and boiling water in food processor and blend until dates become sticky paste.
- Mix in the dry ingredients with the date mix (this can be done in the food processor on pulse mode, or if you prefer whole seeds we recommend using a paddle attachment).
- Press the mix into a lunch box or small baking tin (aim for 1 cm height or less).
- Add extra seeds as a topping by sprinkling on top and pressing in with a spatula.
- Refrigerate overnight before slicing into small squares or bars.
Image and recipe kindly provided by Healthy Kids Association; www.healthy-kids.com.au/no-bake-energy-bar
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW & ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on the Healthy Kids Association website do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW & ACT. Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.