This recipe is great for a yummy treat on a hot summer’s day.
Or you serve it with a mix of berries and you’ll get extra antioxidants which act like ‘super heros’ in your body and protect your cells.
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¾ cup (180ml) water
- 300g (9 ½ ounces) frozen mixed berries
- 500g (1 pound) no-fat greek-style yoghurt
- 60g (2 ounces) fresh raspberries
- 60g (2 ounces) fresh blueberries
Stand frozen yoghurt at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving, to soften slightly. Frozen yoghurt can be made up to two weeks ahead!
- Combine sugar and the water in a small saucepan; stir over low heat for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil without stirring; reduce heat to low, simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until syrupy. Cool.
- Blend or process cooled syrup, frozen berries and yoghurt until smooth. Push mixture through a coarse sieve into a 2-litre (4-cup) loaf pan. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Transfer to a food processor; process yoghurt mixture to break up ice crystals, then refreeze for 4 hours.
- Slice, or scoop, equal amounts of frozen yoghurt into six serving bowls; top with fresh berries.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVE)
- Energy (kJ) 385
- Protein (g) 3.2
- Fat – Total (g) 0.1
- Saturated fat (g) 0.0
- Carbohydrate – Total (g) 18.1
- Fibre (g) 1.6
- Sodium (mg) 48