Try this yummy, fluffy pancake recipe with your friends or family!
- 3/4 cup McKenzie’s quinoa flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch (you can substitute with cornflour)
- 11/2 tsps McKenzie’s baking powder
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Sift quinoa flour, potato starch and McKenzie’s baking powder into a large bowl. Stir through the sugar. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs, milk and vanilla essence and whisk until smooth (batter will be thin).
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and brush pan with a little butter. For each pancake, laddle 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and cook for about two minutes, until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn the pancake over and cook for another minute or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while cooking the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve with mixed fresh berries such as blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.
Get a grown up to help with the frying!
NUTRITION (per serve)
- Energy (kJ) 449
- Protein (g) 4.9
- Fat – Total (g) 2.2
- Sat fat (g) 0.7
- Carbs (g) 24.3
- Exchanges 1.5
- Sodium (mg) 37
Recipe and image kindly provided by McKenzies Foods: www.mckenziesfoods.com.au
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW & ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed at mckenziesfoods.com.au do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW & ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.