Practice your cooking with these yummy tacos!
PREPARATION + COOKING TIME
1.5 per serve
- 250g boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- ½ tablespoon reduced salt taco seasoning
- ½ tablespoon canola oil
- 1 fresh corn cob, husk removed
- 1/2 large red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 5 mini light tortillas
- 5 small lettuce leaves (baby cos, butter or oakleaf)
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 1/2 large ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 1 green shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
Get a grown up to help with the frying!
- Cut salmon into 2cm thick strips. Sprinkle with taco seasoning to coat lightly.
- Heat a char-grill plate or barbecue flat plate and brush lightly with oil. Add corn and capsicum. Cook, turning occasionally until lightly charred (approximately 3-5 minutes for capsicum and 8-10 minutes for corn). Remove. Cover and keep warm.
- Add salmon strips to char-grill or barbecue. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and just cooked through. Remove. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat tortillas as directed on packet.
- To make guacamole, roughly mash avocado with lime juice in a small bowl. Stir in shallots and coriander
- Cut corn kernels from cobs
- Top warm tortillas with lettuce leaves, corn, capsicum and flaked salmon. Add a dollop of guacamole and fold in half to serve. Serve with lime wedges.
NUTRITION (per serve)
Energy (kJ) 1240
Protein (g) 15.7
Fat – Total (g) 15.6
Sat fat (g) 3.4
Carbs (g) 20.5
Fibre (g) 5
Sodium (mg) 267
Sourced from Healthy Kids at www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW & ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on the Healthy Kids website do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW &ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.