A super fun way to get your veggies in!
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME
6 (5 nuggets per serve)
- 2 medium heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup chopped brown onion
- 1/4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 large free range egg
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Use a cookie cutter to make your nuggets.
- Preheat oven to 200c degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook until tender, this should take about five minutes. Drain, and add into a food processor. Pulse until chopped into small pieces.
- Add three cups of the broccoli to a bowl with egg, parmesan, onion and breadcrumbs. Stir to combine.
- Make the nuggets from about one tablespoon of the mixture. Press the mixture into a cookie cutter to form a shape or simply roll them up! Place onto a baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes. Flip, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a little before enjoying with your favourite dipping sauce.
NUTRITION (per serve)
- Energy 429kJ
- Protein 8.8g
- Total Fat 3.3g
- – Saturated fat 1.5g
- Carbs 7.2g
- Fibre 4.0g
- Sodium 153mg
Recipe sourced from IGA Family Program website family.iga.com.au and photography by walkingwithkimphotography.com
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW & ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on the IGA Family Program website do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW & ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.