Takeaway foods often feature heavily in teenage eating patterns. Many of these foods are high in saturated fat and not suitable every day choices. Try to encourage variety in your teenagers eating habits and the better takeaway choices where possible.
Better takeaway choices include:
- BBQ chicken on a roll.
- Plain hamburger with salad.
- Doner kebab and salad.
- Toasted sandwiches or focaccia .
- Grilled fish and chips.
- Asian stir-fry or noodle dishes.
- Vegetable based or gourmet pizzas.
- Fruit smoothies or low fat milkshakes.
- Low fat flavoured milk drinks.
- Reduced fat ice cream / frozen yoghurt.
- Diet or low joule soft drinks.